Google Search

TenantNet Forum Archives 1996-2002
Posting and Replies are disabled in all Archives
TenantNet Forum | TenantNet Forum Archives Index

a visit from the landlord and an 'architect'

Posted by Chris G on September 06, 2001 at 15:01:53:

Our LL brought over an 'architect' (her term) today who went through our apartment and the rest of the building (a brownstone in brooklyn).

Now, a little history: the LL has been slowly renovating this building for the past year. our (ground-floor) apartment was the first to be finished, and she's been working her way up from there. she's been very scatterbrained about the whole affair (one day she had the front door replaced and a new lock added without giving anybody keys to it), and has only a tenuous understanding of what it means to be a landlord. the renovations abruptly stopped a few months ago, which seemed odd since the LL had been so gung-ho previously. Now she brings over the so-called 'architect' to look at the house.

i suspect this guy was actually an appraiser and she is looking to sell the place. if this isn't the case, who else could the guy be? all the architect-level renovations have long-since been finished, plus our LL has a habit of messing up people's job titles (ie, the 'plumber' is the guy who comes to fix the phones).

at any rate, if she is selling, how can i find out? would it be a faux pas to ask the LL outright? our relationship is fine, but like i said, she's kind of skittish. i don't wanna spook her, but if she's selling, I wanna know, because i might be able to buy it.

Follow Ups:

Note: Posting is disabled in all archives
Post a Followup

Name    : 
E-Mail  : 
Subject : 
Comments: Optional Link URL: Link Title: Optional Image URL:

TenantNet Home | TenantNet Forum | New York Tenant Information | Contact Us
DHCR Information | DHCR Decisions | Housing Court Decisions | New York Rent Laws |

Subscribe to our Mailing List!
Your Email      Full Name