Google Search

TenantNet Forum Archives 1996-2002
Posting and Replies are disabled in all Archives
TenantNet Forum | TenantNet Forum Archives Index

Re: Best way to find an apartment if out of state?

Posted by yes, Anastasia on September 06, 2001 at 12:30:10:

In Reply to: Re: Best way to find an apartment if out of state? posted by Minty on September 06, 2001 at 00:35:08:

:
: : Hmm, so when I ask for the best way to look for an apartment THIS is your answer? I don't need you to tell me whether I'm an adult or a child (and by the way, you DON'T know the answer to that because you don't know ANYTHING about me)Thanks for the judgement,the "bankrolled kids" label, and lack of answer to my question.

: At this point, you don't need to tell me anything about yourself! ;P

Ofcourse I don't, you've already assumed more than you'd ever need to know.

: If you had bothered to thoroughly read my post, you would have noted the mention of a feature the Voice Online offers, Voice Messaging. This service continually emails you throughout the day as apartments are uploaded - this way, you don't have to wait until the next day's mass upload. If you work at a computer for 12 hours a day, as I often do, these emails are quite helpful and time-saving overall. And get this - they're not all brokers!! Oh, wait, I forgot, I'm thinking of Brooklyn, heh heh.

if you had bothered to thoroughly read through my post, you'd see that I asked for advice for manhattan apartments, and you actually took the time to judge me, make lame assumptions, call me names (bankrolled kids) use patronizing language "mommy" and then sing Brooklyn's praises over and over. I said the village voice wasn't helpful, it was all brokers, and you suggested the village voice voicemails. Sure kiddo, i know about the voice, but somehow it's inadequacies will be thrown aside in the voice mail program. yea right. The fact is, i read your reply, and you were rude and unhelpful, and there's nothing you can say that will change that.

: : Are you crazy? the rent is cheap there because they're bad neighborhoods. i never once suggested money was a problem, other than not wanting to waste several thousand dollars on a broker when they're not particularly qualified. I'd die twice living in harlem and washington heights, if not a victim of crime, probably one of fear.

: Bad neighborhoods? Are you smoking crack?
: Now, this is the point where I either double over in laughter, or just feel really sorry for you. If you must live in Manhattan, go for it, but lose the attitude. I did have a remnant of my "Midwestern hospitality" in that I would encourage you to at least explore a Brooklyn neighborhood where even the waifiest Paris Hilton-wannabes have begun to trickle in. Now, my NY attitude is kicking in, and I think it would be best if you stayed far away, and only spent your time in the West Village, Columbia U area, and Murray Hill 3rd Av. bar strip - God knows those are the only places you may be happy. My money is on the evening when you and your gaggle drunkenly take a cab from the LES into the bowels of my "bad" neighborhood, asking characters on every corner how to reach Galapagos, where this crazy "Roo-ba-lad" party they spied in Time Out is located, and how did I end up spending the night with this artist boy in his COMMERCIAL loft??

Ok, you're projecting babe. And if that's the life you've lead, that's really sad. do you realize we're arguing because I asked for advice and you didn't offer me anything other than your condescending and fake new york attitude to cover up the fact that you had no real answer to my question, just an uncontrollable desire to take up space here? I think it's time to take a break from your computer, girlie. And the fact is, harlem is a bad neighborhood. It may have semi nice parts, but it's a bad area, and too far away from the financial district where I'll be going to school. And as for your dreams about me and my friends drunkenly decending on your neighborhood, well princess, keep wishing. I guess dreams are all you have.

: Unfortunately, with your attitude and lofty expectations, I see you breaking down and going the broker way within a week. After this ordeal, you may then still find yourself with a seriously flawed space. What will you do then? Call mommy to bail you out?

No, I'll call you. i know you'll be sitting by the computer, cybering with some 12 year old, but I'm hoping your hands will be free enough to take my call, god knows you don't have anything else to do.

: In the meantime, DO NOT attack people who, through their own experience and hard work, have given you the best advice they can. Maybe you should do yourself the favor of staying put, and simply visit your friends twice a year.

I won't. but i will attack patronizing judgemental idiots in a heartbeat. so... I'll probably be seeing you again, girl-genius. And don't even kid about me staying here, when i get my apartment, you'll be the first one I invite over, ok Sunshine? Ok!

: : so, I post here saying "hey, I need to get a place in manhattan, the village voice is all brokers, I don't want a broker, any advice to find an apartment?" and your advice is "move to Williamsburg, and try the village voice" I'm just waiting for you to bat three out of three by suggesting a broker. thank you, you've been no help at all.

"arguing on the internet is like running in the special Olympics.... Even if you win, you're still retarded" - JRR

yea... I resemble that remark. but then again, so do you , kitten.

Follow Ups:

Note: Posting is disabled in all archives
Post a Followup

Name    : 
E-Mail  : 
Subject : 
Comments: Optional Link URL: Link Title: Optional Image URL:

TenantNet Home | TenantNet Forum | New York Tenant Information | Contact Us
DHCR Information | DHCR Decisions | Housing Court Decisions | New York Rent Laws |

Subscribe to our Mailing List!
Your Email      Full Name