Google Search

TenantNet Forum Archives 1996-2002
Posting and Replies are disabled in all Archives
TenantNet Forum | TenantNet Forum Archives Index

Re: DHCR Rent Reductions

Posted by Cranky Tenant on September 05, 2001 at 00:48:46:

In Reply to: Re: DHCR Rent Reductions posted by Al on September 04, 2001 at 22:57:45:

If the rent was reduced to $356, and the landlord never filed a PAR to restore the rent, then the rent is still $356, unless (reading from my own rent order) the LL had been granted a Major Capital Improvement increase, or an Owner Individual increase and had already begun to collect this increase, at the time the Rent Order was issued.

Beyond that, the LL is NOT ENTITLED to any increases until DHCR issues an Order to Restore the Rent.

: Thank you for the information. So, as per your example, if the rent was, let's say $400 in 1987, BEFORE the DHCR reduction, and then AFTER the DHCR reduction it was $356, that was the correct amount to have been paid up until the order was restored. Unreal.

: The rent in my father's rent-controlled apartment was paid at the prevailing rate every year with the MCR Fuel Increase. This means that in addition to the $44 a month rent reduction, my father should have never paid the yearly increases!

: If I have mis-understood your explanation, please clarify in layman's terms.

Follow Ups:

Note: Posting is disabled in all archives
Post a Followup

Name    : 
E-Mail  : 
Subject : 
Comments: Optional Link URL: Link Title: Optional Image URL:

TenantNet Home | TenantNet Forum | New York Tenant Information | Contact Us
DHCR Information | DHCR Decisions | Housing Court Decisions | New York Rent Laws |

Subscribe to our Mailing List!
Your Email      Full Name