Google Search

TenantNet Forum Archives 1996-2002
Posting and Replies are disabled in all Archives
TenantNet Forum | TenantNet Forum Archives Index

Re: DHCR Rent Reductions (Failure to Maintain Service): How Long Are They In Effect For?

Posted by Al on September 02, 2001 at 20:05:55:

In Reply to: Re: DHCR Rent Reductions (Failure to Maintain Service): How Long Are They In Effect For? posted by me on September 02, 2001 at 19:33:08:

Yes, I handle, with my father's authorization, all matters in regard to his apartment.

We have never received a response from the LL stating that he (the LL) in contesting, in any way, the order from DHCR reducing rent.

LL claims via a telephone call that he tried to make repairs, but was never granted access (which isn't true). He wishes to sit down with us to come to an agreement.

We have an attorney, however by the comments made by the LL stating he wanted to come to a 'mutual agreement', I am inclined to believe he wishes a settlement. I believe this may be due to the fact that my father sustained an injury clearing water from a leak this past year (a leak caused by a defective bathtub in the upstairs apartment).

Any further comments/ideas/opinions would be welcomed.

Thank you.

Follow Ups:

Note: Posting is disabled in all archives
Post a Followup

Name    : 
E-Mail  : 
Subject : 
Comments: Optional Link URL: Link Title: Optional Image URL:

TenantNet Home | TenantNet Forum | New York Tenant Information | Contact Us
DHCR Information | DHCR Decisions | Housing Court Decisions | New York Rent Laws |

Subscribe to our Mailing List!
Your Email      Full Name