Google Search

TenantNet Forum Archives 1996-2002
Posting and Replies are disabled in all Archives
TenantNet Forum | TenantNet Forum Archives Index

Re: Can I Provide My own credit report?

Posted by me on September 02, 2001 at 19:35:47:

In Reply to: Can I Provide My own credit report? posted by yes, Anastasia on September 01, 2001 at 09:05:33:

No harm in trying. But since they can order one up, and pass on the cost to you, that is unlikely to work. But sure--try.

: I'm about to go to New York to search for apartments. I'm told I'll probably have to go to several places and apply to a coupld of landlords, and that's why I'll need several copies of each document needed. For instance, I'm told my future employer will have to give me 3 or 4 copies on company letterhead stating my job and salary because I'll probably have to apply at a couple of places before I'm accepted.

: Now, more importantly, there is a fee for credit checks. Fees ranging from 20 - 80 bux.Can I provide a copy of my own credit report, one that I've just ordered and printed out and not have to pay the same fee several times?

: Also, I don't have much credit, so wouldn't it look bad if 4 credit pulls were made in a weeks time? It seems to me I should be able to add a copy to my documents and not have to pay again for a credit check. Any ideas? Anyone tried this? will landlords go for this? or do they typically like checking credit so they can overcharge for this joy?

: Thanks in advance

Follow Ups:

Note: Posting is disabled in all archives
Post a Followup

Name    : 
E-Mail  : 
Subject : 
Comments: Optional Link URL: Link Title: Optional Image URL:

TenantNet Home | TenantNet Forum | New York Tenant Information | Contact Us
DHCR Information | DHCR Decisions | Housing Court Decisions | New York Rent Laws |

Subscribe to our Mailing List!
Your Email      Full Name