Google Search

TenantNet Forum Archives 1996-2002
Posting and Replies are disabled in all Archives
TenantNet Forum | TenantNet Forum Archives Index

Can I Provide My own credit report?

Posted by yes, Anastasia on September 01, 2001 at 09:05:33:

I'm about to go to New York to search for apartments. I'm told I'll probably have to go to several places and apply to a coupld of landlords, and that's why I'll need several copies of each document needed. For instance, I'm told my future employer will have to give me 3 or 4 copies on company letterhead stating my job and salary because I'll probably have to apply at a couple of places before I'm accepted.

Now, more importantly, there is a fee for credit checks. Fees ranging from 20 - 80 bux.Can I provide a copy of my own credit report, one that I've just ordered and printed out and not have to pay the same fee several times?

Also, I don't have much credit, so wouldn't it look bad if 4 credit pulls were made in a weeks time? It seems to me I should be able to add a copy to my documents and not have to pay again for a credit check. Any ideas? Anyone tried this? will landlords go for this? or do they typically like checking credit so they can overcharge for this joy?

Thanks in advance

Follow Ups:

Note: Posting is disabled in all archives
Post a Followup

Name    : 
E-Mail  : 
Subject : 
Comments: Optional Link URL: Link Title: Optional Image URL:

TenantNet Home | TenantNet Forum | New York Tenant Information | Contact Us
DHCR Information | DHCR Decisions | Housing Court Decisions | New York Rent Laws |

Subscribe to our Mailing List!
Your Email      Full Name