Google Search

TenantNet Forum Archives 1996-2002
Posting and Replies are disabled in all Archives
TenantNet Forum | TenantNet Forum Archives Index

Re: sublease form

Posted by Sue on August 30, 2001 at 22:45:15:

In Reply to: sublease form posted by maria elmeros on August 30, 2001 at 12:46:27:

: Hello. I appreciate advice. I am in a rent-stablizing building and want to SUBLEASE to my parents.

: How do I find a formal sublease form ?

Blumberg forms available at your corner stationary store ro directly from them on White St in Manhattan.

: Also, for what reason may the landlord refuse to sublease (other than financially insecure subtenant) ?

Actually, finances is not the landlord's business, because you remain 100% liable for the whole rent. Landlords cannot be 'unreasonable': they usually are. Go to the DHCR section on or the Rent Admin section on and get the Fact Sheet on sublets.

: thank you. MM

Follow Ups:

Note: Posting is disabled in all archives
Post a Followup

Name    : 
E-Mail  : 
Subject : 
Comments: Optional Link URL: Link Title: Optional Image URL:


TenantNet Home | TenantNet Forum | New York Tenant Information | Contact Us
DHCR Information | DHCR Decisions | Housing Court Decisions | New York Rent Laws |

Subscribe to our Mailing List!
Your Email      Full Name