Google Search

TenantNet Forum Archives 1996-2002
Posting and Replies are disabled in all Archives
TenantNet Forum | TenantNet Forum Archives Index

Re: landlord wants to evict me.

Posted by elsieb on August 29, 2001 at 13:54:57:

In Reply to: Re: landlord wants to evict me. posted by Will on August 28, 2001 at 11:15:35:

Your landlord waived his "no pet" clause, so I wouldnt worry about that. To prove you've had the pet for a while, maintain a pet file; in it keep copies of when dog goes to vet, receipts of food purchases for dog, etc. You get the idea. He'll lose in court. I would also pay the rent certified mail; LL would have to provide valid reason why he no longer is accepting rent from you. Your best defense, is evidence. Other people in bldg own dogs - sounds like discrimination. If you're smart, and LL is careless, he could be charged in housing court and ultimately owe you a lot of money.

Now, has anyone, other than landlord complained about pet? Assuming you work full time and are away from home, it could be that your dog is barking during the day. Some dogs bark and howl from anxiety, loneliness, etc. This may be a problem for you. If false, then start maintaining a file.

Follow Ups:

Note: Posting is disabled in all archives
Post a Followup

Name    : 
E-Mail  : 
Subject : 
Comments: Optional Link URL: Link Title: Optional Image URL:

TenantNet Home | TenantNet Forum | New York Tenant Information | Contact Us
DHCR Information | DHCR Decisions | Housing Court Decisions | New York Rent Laws |

Subscribe to our Mailing List!
Your Email      Full Name