Google Search

TenantNet Forum Archives 1996-2002
Posting and Replies are disabled in all Archives
TenantNet Forum | TenantNet Forum Archives Index

Re: being given wrong info about the apartment before the lease was signed

Posted by dj on August 28, 2001 at 19:21:57:

In Reply to: being given wrong info about the apartment before the lease was signed posted by Ling Chang on August 28, 2001 at 15:58:13:

graduate student...emails, not seeing the apartment before signing the lease..took their word....bus stop.......hmmm internet...

Just a few clicks with my mouse and the bus mas for the twin cities

http://www.metrocouncil.org/transit/rtmap.htm

So the final answer is: No, you have to honor your lease for the FULL term, unless you pay the penalties.

;
;
;

: Hi. I am a graudate student. I found an apartment through internet. The manager told me that there is a campus bus right in front of the building through emails. I was out of the state at that time and was unable to verify the information. But I took their words for it because it is a big company. After I signed the lease and moved in, I found out that there is no bus at all. The manager then told me that the nearest campus bus stop is about 10 to 15 minute walk away. I am in Twin Cities and do not like the idea of walking in snow for 15 minutes. However, the lease requires tenants to stay over 6 months before they can ask for a termination and still have to pay a high fine. Do I have a case to get out of the lease on the grounds that they gave me the wrong information? Thank you.

Follow Ups:

Note: Posting is disabled in all archives
Post a Followup

Name    : 
E-Mail  : 
Subject : 
Comments: Optional Link URL: Link Title: Optional Image URL:

TenantNet Home | TenantNet Forum | New York Tenant Information | Contact Us
DHCR Information | DHCR Decisions | Housing Court Decisions | New York Rent Laws |

Subscribe to our Mailing List!
Your Email      Full Name