Google Search

TenantNet Forum Archives 1996-2002
Posting and Replies are disabled in all Archives
TenantNet Forum | TenantNet Forum Archives Index

withheld security deposit

Posted by Leslie on August 28, 2001 at 14:58:28:

I live in Co Sprgs, CO, we had a lease. single family residence. Our former lanlordds withheld our deposit and sent us a bill for an additional $988.00 in charges. We put down a $1000 security deposit and a refundable $400.00 pet deposit (which she failed to mention in the billing)so basically she is claiming almost $2400 in damages.
My question is can she charge us for mowing the lawn a week after we moved out? Are we required to move the stove away from the wall and clean behind it? We took pictures, we knew these people would try to screw us out of every dime. So now we are going to "trial" with these people. Can we find out who has rented from them before(legally) and see if they have ever returned a security deposit? If so, how? How else can we get these people?
I fully intend to file a report with the better business buearu when our court stuff is done.
We have found out that these people are very dishonest in thier business practices. But, we are going to have a hard time getting the people who have this info to testify. What can we do about this?
Any help or suggestions will be greatly appreciated.

Follow Ups:

Note: Posting is disabled in all archives
Post a Followup

Name    : 
E-Mail  : 
Subject : 
Comments: Optional Link URL: Link Title: Optional Image URL:

TenantNet Home | TenantNet Forum | New York Tenant Information | Contact Us
DHCR Information | DHCR Decisions | Housing Court Decisions | New York Rent Laws |

Subscribe to our Mailing List!
Your Email      Full Name