Google Search

TenantNet Forum Archives 1996-2002
Posting and Replies are disabled in all Archives
TenantNet Forum | TenantNet Forum Archives Index

Re: MOUSE INFESTATION

Posted by Minty on August 28, 2001 at 12:14:29:

In Reply to: MOUSE INFESTATION posted by MouseGirl on August 28, 2001 at 10:52:24:

That sounds like our old exterminator, except that he had a hunchback gimp sidekick that actually laid the poison!

You might want to (and may have already done) do a search here. I was under the impression that they must exterminate by law (even if the lease states that you must do this - would somebody please clarify or correct me?), since it could possibly affect other properties. It also sounds like your building needs actual physical rodent-proofing as opposed to routine extermination. As someone who loves to cook, I feel horrible for the fact that you are eating all your meals out!

Of course, that doesn't mean a whole lot when you're working full-time and dealing with the rigors of everyday life. Who has time for this? I'm sure we have the same type of management company - there may not be any actual malice towards you, but you have to psychotically call them twice a day to make sure they're on the case (It wears me down too). That's the only advice I can give you, other than regularly calling the central complaint line. I've found that, if my management company doesn't want to hear my voice several times a day, they ultimately will fix the problem. It also helps to be really, disgustingly cheerful each time, for both obvious and subtle reasons.

Also, when I was in this situation last year, I just happened to be adopting a friend's cat. I have not seen a rodent since.

: Still, the only response has been to have his weird, smelly and bizarre handy man show up and offer to stuff some steel wool under the radiator and give me some poison.

Follow Ups:

Note: Posting is disabled in all archives
Post a Followup

Name    : 
E-Mail  : 
Subject : 
Comments: Optional Link URL: Link Title: Optional Image URL:

TenantNet Home | TenantNet Forum | New York Tenant Information | Contact Us
DHCR Information | DHCR Decisions | Housing Court Decisions | New York Rent Laws |

Subscribe to our Mailing List!
Your Email      Full Name