Google Search

TenantNet Forum Archives 1996-2002
Posting and Replies are disabled in all Archives
TenantNet Forum | TenantNet Forum Archives Index

Ask her to clean your apartment too !

Posted by Provost on August 27, 2001 at 19:47:26:

In Reply to: Re: Does the landlord has the right to enter my room to present it to future tenent without my permission? posted by Yang on August 27, 2001 at 19:11:53:

You're moving. She's streesed. You're stressed. So chill.
If you can, I would just shove the stuff into the corner myself, or into a closet, or wherever ... you're going to move it all anyway, so it doesn't really matter.

Speaking on strictly LEGAL terms, she has the right to show a tenant your room, but not to move your stuff. But threatening lawyers or calling the police really won't help you right now, it will only agravate the situation. Why not just tell her "Go ahead and show my apartment, but please don't move my stuff." Or "If you REALLY FEEL YOU MUST move my stuff, please move it to THAT corner. And would you please drop that stack of clothing off at the laundromat for me" Heck, maybe you can even get her to clean the place up for you !

Sometimes the easiest solution to be creative, rather than worrying about legal rights or getting agressive.

Follow Ups:

Note: Posting is disabled in all archives
Post a Followup

Name    : 
E-Mail  : 
Subject : 
Comments: Optional Link URL: Link Title: Optional Image URL:

TenantNet Home | TenantNet Forum | New York Tenant Information | Contact Us
DHCR Information | DHCR Decisions | Housing Court Decisions | New York Rent Laws |

Subscribe to our Mailing List!
Your Email      Full Name