Google Search

TenantNet Forum Archives 1996-2002
Posting and Replies are disabled in all Archives
TenantNet Forum | TenantNet Forum Archives Index

Re: Does the landlord has the right to enter my room to present it to future tenent without my permission?

Posted by Provost on August 27, 2001 at 18:44:07:

In Reply to: Does the landlord has the right to enter my room to present it to future tenent without my permission? posted by Yang on August 27, 2001 at 15:23:54:

If I understand right, you've paid rent up through the end of August. So you could stay and clean up the room on Friday if you wished. When you say she will "will gather those stuffs and put them on the corner", do you mean move the stuff to the corner of the room, OR throw it out on the streetcorner ?

There's a big difference, one is totally unreasonable, the other acceptable. Your roommate/leaseholder wants to get the room rerented, which is reasonable. A clean and neat room is a lot more attractive to potential renters than a dirty, cluttered room. But throwing your things out before the month is over is completely wrong. If it were myself, I'd do whatever I needed to protect my stuff, then deal with the roommate.

Follow Ups:

Note: Posting is disabled in all archives
Post a Followup

Name    : 
E-Mail  : 
Subject : 
Comments: Optional Link URL: Link Title: Optional Image URL:

TenantNet Home | TenantNet Forum | New York Tenant Information | Contact Us
DHCR Information | DHCR Decisions | Housing Court Decisions | New York Rent Laws |

Subscribe to our Mailing List!
Your Email      Full Name