Google Search

TenantNet Forum Archives 1996-2002
Posting and Replies are disabled in all Archives
TenantNet Forum | TenantNet Forum Archives Index

Re: succession rights...situation you have none

Posted by dj on August 25, 2001 at 03:49:34:

In Reply to: succession rights...situation posted by gi0rgi0 on August 24, 2001 at 20:58:33:

Unless you are registed as gay life partners, and have wills made out to each other and there the 2 years... you have no sucession rights.

I cant imagine how stupid he is for giving up a rent controlled apartment... do us a favor beat his brains in.......

The apartment is his retirement account......its worth maybe $100,000 to him and him alone..... the landlord would PAY him to move out maybe that kind of money

Do you get the idea here.....giving up a rent controlled apartment for FREE is the ultimate in stupidity.

does your roomate have any 401K or IrA's? tell him to take some money out and pay the rent, it will be far cheaper to pay the penalties then to move to idaho!

: I'm sharing a rent-controlled apt. I moved in 4 mths ago and have a great relationship with the only tenant. His career has taken a nose dive and even though I'm paying 2/3 rent, he talks about having to move out after over 20 yrs b/c of no $$. He reminds me that if he has to move out, I can "have" the apartment. In case he's serious, my curiosities are:

: What are my options as a non-traditional family member if he can't afford rent anymore?
: Can he add my name to the lease in an r.c. apt?
: I've been there under 2 yrs, what grounds can I debate for tenancy?
: Is a real estate atty a good idea?

: thanks much

Follow Ups:

Note: Posting is disabled in all archives
Post a Followup

Name    : 
E-Mail  : 
Subject : 
Comments: Optional Link URL: Link Title: Optional Image URL:

TenantNet Home | TenantNet Forum | New York Tenant Information | Contact Us
DHCR Information | DHCR Decisions | Housing Court Decisions | New York Rent Laws |

Subscribe to our Mailing List!
Your Email      Full Name