Google Search

TenantNet Forum Archives 1996-2002
Posting and Replies are disabled in all Archives
TenantNet Forum | TenantNet Forum Archives Index

Re: hidden costs

Posted by dj on August 24, 2001 at 09:31:21:

In Reply to: hidden costs posted by Lisa Bump on August 24, 2001 at 09:04:31:

Is the carpet damaged? If not take LOTS of pictures to show a judge when they try and sue you.

Since you paid last months rent, that will be used for September.

The landlord must give you a FULL accounting of any and all damages usually within 30 days of you vacating, if you are not satisified you can sue them in small claims court.

Do you have any pets? In any case It will be better to get a professional carpet cleaning company to do the rugs and give you a guarentee and to note any damage,

you have to cover your a$$!

: I am moving out of my apartment complex and just gave my notice. I paid first and last when I moved in. My property manager then said, "you'll need to replace the rug which costs between 800-1300 dollars." When I moved into this place they told me they replace the rugs when someone moves in/out regardless. Apparently that has changed and they waited to tell me a month before I planned on moving out. Can they do that? The lease terms have not changed since I have lived there. I compared the lease that I received when I moved in to the lease I have now.

Follow Ups:

Note: Posting is disabled in all archives
Post a Followup

Name    : 
E-Mail  : 
Subject : 
Comments: Optional Link URL: Link Title: Optional Image URL:

TenantNet Home | TenantNet Forum | New York Tenant Information | Contact Us
DHCR Information | DHCR Decisions | Housing Court Decisions | New York Rent Laws |

Subscribe to our Mailing List!
Your Email      Full Name