Google Search

TenantNet Forum Archives 1996-2002
Posting and Replies are disabled in all Archives
TenantNet Forum | TenantNet Forum Archives Index

Re: Can a landlord sue a tenant again and again ?

Posted by New York Tenant on August 24, 2001 at 02:52:57:

In Reply to: Can a landlord sue a tenant again and again ? posted by Nelson on August 24, 2001 at 02:24:04:

Why and how was the case dismissed the first time? Was it dismissed without prejudice? That can happen for reasons like the landlord not having the court papers and/or a predicate notice (rent demand, notice of termination, etc.) served properly.

:
: My friend who lives in a coop buiding in Queens was sued by her landlord twice over the same issue with same claims and same documents. The first case was dismissed on August 8 but within one week, my friend received another notice to face the same lawsuit again in the same court on August 22. In both cases, the claims are exactly same and so are the materials.
: My qustions are: 1. Can a landlord sue a tenant again and again over the same issue with same documents (not even a word change) after his/her case is dismissed again and again? 2. Why does a court accept again a same case that was dismissed a week ago by the same court?

Follow Ups:

Note: Posting is disabled in all archives
Post a Followup

Name    : 
E-Mail  : 
Subject : 
Comments: Optional Link URL: Link Title: Optional Image URL:

TenantNet Home | TenantNet Forum | New York Tenant Information | Contact Us
DHCR Information | DHCR Decisions | Housing Court Decisions | New York Rent Laws |

Subscribe to our Mailing List!
Your Email      Full Name