Google Search

TenantNet Forum Archives 1996-2002
Posting and Replies are disabled in all Archives
TenantNet Forum | TenantNet Forum Archives Index

Re: stabilized rooms?

Posted by Jane on August 23, 2001 at 23:16:11:

In Reply to: stabilized rooms? posted by Cory on August 22, 2001 at 22:55:18:

: I have a question: are only full apartments -- that is with kitchen -- stabilized, or does stabilization also apply to rooms in rooming houses which are over 6 units per building and built during the stabilization time period (I forgot when this is).

Yes, they are rent controlled and rent stabilized under the very same laws as apartments, plus some special provisions within those laws, plus some special sections of the MDL, HMC, and other laws.
Really big diff: no vacancy increases!, only annual increases.

Any "apartment" that does not have both its own private bath and its own private kitchen (or at least the 3 kit essentials) is a room, a single occupancy room, not an apartment. An SRO "room" can actually be a suite with more than one room.

Call or go to DHCR: get the Rent History.

Follow Ups:

Note: Posting is disabled in all archives
Post a Followup

Name    : 
E-Mail  : 
Subject : 
Comments: Optional Link URL: Link Title: Optional Image URL:


TenantNet Home | TenantNet Forum | New York Tenant Information | Contact Us
DHCR Information | DHCR Decisions | Housing Court Decisions | New York Rent Laws |

Subscribe to our Mailing List!
Your Email      Full Name