Google Search

TenantNet Forum Archives 1996-2002
Posting and Replies are disabled in all Archives
TenantNet Forum | TenantNet Forum Archives Index

The Drunk Resident and the Punching Bag

Posted by Stacey on August 23, 2001 at 21:04:01:

I am a five year resident of an apartment community in a suburb of Charlotte North Carolina. Recently my car was damaged by another resident who had had too much to drink and decided to use my car as his personal punching bag. This little episode has cost me in excess of $500.00 between time missed from work and repairs made to my car. Unfortunately my insurance holds a $500.00 deductible and I was forced to pay the monies upfront. Although I pressed charges on the other party and the courts may award me restitution, I doubt very much that I will see a dime. I confronted management about the situation and they have offered to pay half of the damages which I thought was nice but not enough and when I asked what actions they were going to take against the other party I was told they were not at liberty to discuss that with me. I find that hard to believe and I would like to know what rights do I have, how do I get restitution, do I have a right to know what they plan to do with the resident that caused the damage? I would appreciate any advice, any resources, any anything that would help me.

Thank you,
Stacey

Follow Ups:

Note: Posting is disabled in all archives
Post a Followup

Name    : 
E-Mail  : 
Subject : 
Comments: Optional Link URL: Link Title: Optional Image URL:

TenantNet Home | TenantNet Forum | New York Tenant Information | Contact Us
DHCR Information | DHCR Decisions | Housing Court Decisions | New York Rent Laws |

Subscribe to our Mailing List!
Your Email      Full Name