Google Search

TenantNet Forum Archives 1996-2002
Posting and Replies are disabled in all Archives
TenantNet Forum | TenantNet Forum Archives Index

Landlord isn't following lease

Posted by Chris S. on August 23, 2001 at 15:27:04:

Maybe some of you can help me with a few questions I have. I just moved to Fayetteville, AR from College Station, TX and I wanted to know a few of my rights. I initialled and signed a written lease whenever I moved in. In the lease it states that on or before move-in that I would receive an inventory checklist. However I was not provided with one during the time I was moving in. Four days later, my LL gave the copy of the inventory sheet to me. She filled it out in her own apartment and hadn't even set foot in my apt. since the last time she had showed it. There are some major discrepencies in the condition of the apt. compared to what she had written in.

1.) Can my landlord legally fill out the inventory sheet when in the lease it clearly states that I have to fill it out and turn it back in?

Also, there is a red stain on my carpet that WILL NOT come out. My LL said that she knew the stain was there but is doing nothing to fix it. Why should I be paying full rent ($525) for a damaged apt. My walls are two different colors of white...now I don't mean two separate walls...I mean the SAME wall is two different colors of white.

The carpet in some areas of the apt. isn't tacked down all the way. She basically said that we had done that and she wasn't going to repair it. Why in the hell would I just randomly pull up carpet just to have someone come into my apt. while I'm not there and fix it?

Am I getting screwed on this deal or what. Any info would be greatly appreciated!

Sincerely,
One mad as hell grad student

Follow Ups:

Note: Posting is disabled in all archives
Post a Followup

Name    : 
E-Mail  : 
Subject : 
Comments: Optional Link URL: Link Title: Optional Image URL:

TenantNet Home | TenantNet Forum | New York Tenant Information | Contact Us
DHCR Information | DHCR Decisions | Housing Court Decisions | New York Rent Laws |

Subscribe to our Mailing List!
Your Email      Full Name