Google Search

TenantNet Forum Archives 1996-2002
Posting and Replies are disabled in all Archives
TenantNet Forum | TenantNet Forum Archives Index

Rat him out

Posted by MikeW on August 17, 2001 at 12:37:52:

In Reply to: RATS!! posted by gary fung on August 17, 2001 at 11:14:48:

If you have a stabilized lease, he has to renew you. It part of stabilization. So you don't have to worry about that. I would definately complain to buildings about the rats and heat. If the LL gets unresolved violations, you could probably use that as basis to get a rent reduction.

: I live in Manhattan on the upperwest side in a tenament walkup second floor above the rat infested trash area in an eighteen unit building. I have a writen two year rent stabilized lease that will end next summer. I've been here five years. The building was built sometime in the late 1800's. I have rats in my apartment and hot water is a problem, four to five times a month. The super is not around at all during the day. Heat is rare during the winter season. There are soo many problems in this building that I don't know where to begin. I want to file a complaint against the landlord (slumlord) but I'm afraid he will NOT renew my lease next summer if I do. What can I do?

: Regards,

: Gary Fung

Follow Ups:

Note: Posting is disabled in all archives
Post a Followup

Name    : 
E-Mail  : 
Subject : 
Comments: Optional Link URL: Link Title: Optional Image URL:

TenantNet Home | TenantNet Forum | New York Tenant Information | Contact Us
DHCR Information | DHCR Decisions | Housing Court Decisions | New York Rent Laws |

Subscribe to our Mailing List!
Your Email      Full Name