Google Search

TenantNet Forum Archives 1996-2002
Posting and Replies are disabled in all Archives
TenantNet Forum | TenantNet Forum Archives Index

Re: strange rent overcharge--how to combat?

Posted by Lilly on August 17, 2001 at 02:28:17:

In Reply to: strange rent overcharge--how to combat? posted by Kim on August 16, 2001 at 15:50:28:

Does "rent stabilized" or "rent controlled" appear on the registration history? File an overcharge complaint with DHCR-doesn't cost a thing. I would be curious to find out if this apt was in fact a commercial unit-are you on the ground floor? LL either used this as storage or his office or he used the apt for his bimbos or simply kept renting it and not registering it. If he was renting it, I'll bet he got paid in cash and never reported the income. As you know the overcharge is based upon the rent registered 4 years prior.
Ha ha! $0 is $0!!!! Let him try to register the apt for all those years and explain his way out of this. His lawyer is going to think he is a moron!

Follow Ups:

Note: Posting is disabled in all archives
Post a Followup

Name    : 
E-Mail  : 
Subject : 
Comments: Optional Link URL: Link Title: Optional Image URL:


TenantNet Home | TenantNet Forum | New York Tenant Information | Contact Us
DHCR Information | DHCR Decisions | Housing Court Decisions | New York Rent Laws |

Subscribe to our Mailing List!
Your Email      Full Name