Google Search

TenantNet Forum Archives 1996-2002
Posting and Replies are disabled in all Archives
TenantNet Forum | TenantNet Forum Archives Index

Re: Suspension of Rent Increases Due to Disability?

Posted by SamE on August 14, 2001 at 23:03:25:

In Reply to: Suspension of Rent Increases Due to Disability? posted by Gregg on August 14, 2001 at 14:04:46:

: Hi everyone. Here's a question I received from a Tenant in the building, and I'd like your feedback. This is a disabled person, under the Federal & NY State Disability definitions, and they would like to know if there is a provision for a halt to rent-increases on their rent-stabilized apartment, due to disability. I know that there was some talk of adding the disabled to the SCRIE program, but I don't know if this is definite. Or, perhaps there are other regulations that I don't know about. Please offer any leads you might have.

: Thanks!

: Gregg

Nope. Nothing yet. Just for Seniors. There's been two bills in City Council for a couple of years now. One to increase the income ceiling for Seniors, the other to add the disabled.

Get more info on their website, there's a link on NYC.gov. Also on NYC.gov: try the Dept of Aging: they're the administrators for SCRIE.

Follow Ups:

Note: Posting is disabled in all archives
Post a Followup

Name    : 
E-Mail  : 
Subject : 
Comments: Optional Link URL: Link Title: Optional Image URL:

TenantNet Home | TenantNet Forum | New York Tenant Information | Contact Us
DHCR Information | DHCR Decisions | Housing Court Decisions | New York Rent Laws |

Subscribe to our Mailing List!
Your Email      Full Name