Google Search

TenantNet Forum Archives 1996-2002
Posting and Replies are disabled in all Archives
TenantNet Forum | TenantNet Forum Archives Index

Re: RIGHTS OF POSSESSION

Posted by dj on August 14, 2001 at 00:37:50:

In Reply to: RIGHTS OF POSSESSION posted by DORI-ANN T. GONZALES on August 14, 2001 at 00:06:26:

Sorry to break it to you, if you have a month to month lease and you pay no rent, it expires when you are terminated,

If you have a years lease, the landlord must offer you the apartment at the going rental till the end of the written lease.

If you dont pay the rent you will be evicted.

: I RENTED A HOME IN AUGUST 1999 AND HAD PROBLEMS WHICH MADE IT NECESSARY TO START AN ISSUE WITH THE LOCAL LANDLORDS TENANTS ASSOCIATION. TO END THIS THE OWNER OF THE MOBILE HOME PARK OFFERED ME EMPLOYMENT AS THE MANAGER. THE PARK WAS SOLD AFTER ONE YEARS TIME AND MY EMPLOYMENT WAS TRANSFERED TO THE NEW OWNER, LAST MARCH. lAST WEEK HE TERMINATED THIS EMPLOYMENT AND IS NOT HONORING THE LEASE AND WANTS ME OUT. HE HAD AN ATTORNEY ISSUE A LETTER I WAS TO VACATE IN 5 DAYS . I AHVE KIDS, THIS IS AN EMPLOYMENT ISSUE, AND I AM BEING PUT OUT ON THE STREETS. CAN THEY EVICT ME LIKE THIS? WHAT ABOUT ME RIGHTS TO OCCUOANCY? I NEED HELP WHERE CAN I GO ?

Follow Ups:

Note: Posting is disabled in all archives
Post a Followup

Name    : 
E-Mail  : 
Subject : 
Comments: Optional Link URL: Link Title: Optional Image URL:

TenantNet Home | TenantNet Forum | New York Tenant Information | Contact Us
DHCR Information | DHCR Decisions | Housing Court Decisions | New York Rent Laws |

Subscribe to our Mailing List!
Your Email      Full Name