Google Search

TenantNet Forum Archives 1996-2002
Posting and Replies are disabled in all Archives
TenantNet Forum | TenantNet Forum Archives Index

Re: DHCR RENTAL REGISTRATION?

Posted by confused on August 12, 2001 at 20:22:21:

In Reply to: Re: DHCR RENTAL REGISTRATION? posted by Lilly on August 12, 2001 at 16:47:46:

: Until you know for sure, keep paying the rent. You can get your registration history tomorrow morning if you go there(DHCR).

I have the rental history and it shows that the people who were renting before me were paying approximately $600, yet, I am paying $1600. I am aware of the rules regarding 1/40th cost of improvements and that he is allowed to charge 18% after a vancany since previous tenants were here many years. Now, I've received the new registration with my name and it is stating that I am paying $600 (and actually paying $1600). SO, now that I know all that, would it be kosher to pay the amount that is actually registered or do I stick to what is on my lease and duke it out with the LL in court or through DHCR? Not sure which document is more legally binding, the DHCR registration or the lease. I would've thought if the LL wanted to really pull one over on me, he would've registered the new, inflated rent or at least added in his 18%.

Follow Ups:

Note: Posting is disabled in all archives
Post a Followup

Name    : 
E-Mail  : 
Subject : 
Comments: Optional Link URL: Link Title: Optional Image URL:

TenantNet Home | TenantNet Forum | New York Tenant Information | Contact Us
DHCR Information | DHCR Decisions | Housing Court Decisions | New York Rent Laws |

Subscribe to our Mailing List!
Your Email      Full Name