Google Search

TenantNet Forum Archives 1996-2002
Posting and Replies are disabled in all Archives
TenantNet Forum | TenantNet Forum Archives Index

Re: Should I do this?

Posted by John on August 12, 2001 at 13:51:59:

In Reply to: Should I do this? posted by John on August 12, 2001 at 13:47:52:

By the way, the LL is using my security deposit for september

: I've given my LL a 30-day notice on a month to month apt. I have to be moved out by sept 31. The thing is though, I still need a roommate to cover the other half of the rent in the apartment, which is a 2 bedroom. My LL has said he would not allow me to have a roommate regardless because I'm leaving anyway. Now I could just let it slide, but there's no way I want to pay in full for a 2 bedroom apartment. Negotiations/talks are useless at this point and frankly, I'm frustrated at the stubbornness of my LL.

: I was thinking, since I'm leaving anyway, I'd go ahead and get a roommate, make copies of the keys, and just disregard my LL's denial. I figure, all he could do(legally) is get a court order for an eviction, but I'd be out the door either way. Now, I wouldn't want to put the to-be roommate in a bad situation, what exactly can the LL do to him or her? I've talked to several potential roommates who need a short-term place and are flexible on moving in/out dates so it might not be a big deal if the LL evicts them as well. So should I go thru with it?

Follow Ups:

Note: Posting is disabled in all archives
Post a Followup

Name    : 
E-Mail  : 
Subject : 
Comments: Optional Link URL: Link Title: Optional Image URL:

TenantNet Home | TenantNet Forum | New York Tenant Information | Contact Us
DHCR Information | DHCR Decisions | Housing Court Decisions | New York Rent Laws |

Subscribe to our Mailing List!
Your Email      Full Name