Google Search

TenantNet Forum Archives 1996-2002
Posting and Replies are disabled in all Archives
TenantNet Forum | TenantNet Forum Archives Index

Re: I need help

Posted by me on August 11, 2001 at 02:08:07:

In Reply to: I need help posted by km on August 10, 2001 at 18:19:07:

He is suing you? I thought he was keeping the deposit. Maybe he is suing for additional damages. As I said in reply to another post, if a post is unclear or leaves out important stuff, you are not going to get a very good reply.
If he kept the deposit, sue (or countersue) him for the deposit plus whatever additional damages are allowed by law. I think treble or double damages are allowed. Bring all your evidence, witnesses, etc.
The landlord cant keep your deposit just because you cant eat fried eggs off the floor. But many small landlords are nutjobs who will insist on things they're not entitled to. That is what the courts are for.

: I really need Help!!!! does NYS law, say the landlord has the right to keep my deposit if i didn't clean up to his potential?, i cleaned the walls, had the rugs shampooed, cleaned the baseboard, vac, swept, mopped, it was so clean, and stupid me didn't get pictures.. there is no lease either. He is taking meto small claims court does he have a case, he is also charging me the water bill, doesn't he get that back on his taxes?

Follow Ups:

Note: Posting is disabled in all archives
Post a Followup

Name    : 
E-Mail  : 
Subject : 
Comments: Optional Link URL: Link Title: Optional Image URL:

TenantNet Home | TenantNet Forum | New York Tenant Information | Contact Us
DHCR Information | DHCR Decisions | Housing Court Decisions | New York Rent Laws |

Subscribe to our Mailing List!
Your Email      Full Name