Google Search

TenantNet Forum Archives 1996-2002
Posting and Replies are disabled in all Archives
TenantNet Forum | TenantNet Forum Archives Index

Re: unfinished repairs & building turned over to corporation

Posted by CYNTHIA on August 10, 2001 at 18:59:06:

In Reply to: unfinished repairs & building turned over to corporation posted by Cynthia on August 09, 2001 at 20:42:53:

: June 5th the landlord started working on our livingroom floor. the beams were gone. We couldn't stay in the apartment. The first group he fired. The second group came in the 15th of June, they ripped up the whole floor,beams and all. OK we had to move out until they finished which took them two weeks.My sister owns a house with tenants in it. One of the tenants went away for two weeks and allowed us to sublet for two weeks. It cost us $300.00 dollars for the two weeks.My daughter,daughter-in-law,grand-daughhter and myself went to the apartment. My husband stayed here at night. One of us came every morning to watch workers. To make a long story short we stayed with a plywood floor for another week. meanwhile, my family still couldn't move back in because all the furniture from the living room was in the bedrooms. We ended up having to buy the carpet ourselves so they could come home which was the 7th of July. We painted to. Now he didn't pay for anything so he didn't get Julys' rent. now he is telling us the building is under a corporation. He still hasn't finished the apartment. The walls he compounded and left them. the bathroom still leaks and the kitchen.My questions are 1-what is responsibilitiies as far as the repairs? and 2- if the building is under a corporation why are we still giving him the rent directly?
FOLLOW-UP-I'M IN NEW YORK - QUEENS VILLAGE
NOW HE WANTS US TO GIVE HIME $162.00 BECAUSE WE ONLY SPENT $300.00 ON THE RENTAL- BUT WE HAD TO BUY FOOD AND CARFARE BACK AND FORTH. HE WANTS ME TO GIVE HIM MY SISTERS ADDRESS - PHONE # AND HER SOCIAL SECURITY NUMBER, HE IS CRAZY. STILL HASN;T GIVEN US THE CORPORATIONS NAME. WE ARE VERY TIRED AND WE HAVE A NEW LEASE OF THREE YEARS. IS IT ANY LEGAL ACTION I CAN TAKE?

Follow Ups:

Note: Posting is disabled in all archives
Post a Followup

Name    : 
E-Mail  : 
Subject : 
Comments: Optional Link URL: Link Title: Optional Image URL:

TenantNet Home | TenantNet Forum | New York Tenant Information | Contact Us
DHCR Information | DHCR Decisions | Housing Court Decisions | New York Rent Laws |

Subscribe to our Mailing List!
Your Email      Full Name