Google Search

TenantNet Forum Archives 1996-2002
Posting and Replies are disabled in all Archives
TenantNet Forum | TenantNet Forum Archives Index

Re: An insulting reply--and just plain wrong

Posted by elsieb on August 10, 2001 at 14:08:52:

In Reply to: An insulting reply--and just plain wrong posted by callie on August 07, 2001 at 16:07:59:

valid question, received valid answer. I stick by my response. Will he also supply his family/friends with keys to his apt so they can come anytime they want? The answer is probably not. Why subject others to what you wouldnt do yourself? I lived in many a building, and if a crime was committed against me by some one with a "key", who do you think will take blame? I highly doubt the tenant will. So again, you create safety issues for others. I still dont see how you are "entitled". He already provided primary key.

: : Only named person(s) on lease are entitled to keys. Your request is a bit ridiculous. You wish to have it for the sole purpose of having friends/family come over, which creates a safety issue for other tenants and liability to the landlord should something happen. If you want people to freely come and go as they please, buy your own house. You can't subject others to liability for your mere convenience.

Follow Ups:

Note: Posting is disabled in all archives
Post a Followup

Name    : 
E-Mail  : 
Subject : 
Comments: Optional Link URL: Link Title: Optional Image URL:

TenantNet Home | TenantNet Forum | New York Tenant Information | Contact Us
DHCR Information | DHCR Decisions | Housing Court Decisions | New York Rent Laws |

Subscribe to our Mailing List!
Your Email      Full Name