Google Search

TenantNet Forum Archives 1996-2002
Posting and Replies are disabled in all Archives
TenantNet Forum | TenantNet Forum Archives Index

old stove

Posted by chelsea on August 09, 2001 at 06:28:14:

In Reply to: Can LL raise rent on rent stab apt. for new stove? posted by Dawn on August 08, 2001 at 16:41:50:

I know it may sound a bit ridiculous, but did you save the old stove? You're supposed to leave the stove that was there, or a close equivalent. Of course, assuming you're in NY, who has room to keep a non-functioning old stove, but that's the best thing to do.

: I've lived in my rent stabilized apartment for almost a decade. I've had my stove replaced myself after much letter writing to the LL for help, only to get nasty calls from the LL and LL doing nothing to help. I had to pay for it out of my own pocket (wrote LL a letter on that) and now have all the correspondence and notes of conversations with LL (mostly of LL being rude) locked safely away. I have no intentions of leaving my beautiful stove behind as I paid for it from my own pocket and did not deduct anything from the rent for reduction of services. LL got his rent on time regardless and I have paid for any renewal amounts since. I'm confident to leave the apartment, when I do, with my stove intact.

Follow Ups:

Note: Posting is disabled in all archives
Post a Followup

Name    : 
E-Mail  : 
Subject : 
Comments: Optional Link URL: Link Title: Optional Image URL:

TenantNet Home | TenantNet Forum | New York Tenant Information | Contact Us
DHCR Information | DHCR Decisions | Housing Court Decisions | New York Rent Laws |

Subscribe to our Mailing List!
Your Email      Full Name