Google Search

TenantNet Forum Archives 1996-2002
Posting and Replies are disabled in all Archives
TenantNet Forum | TenantNet Forum Archives Index

No, Anna was always right!

Posted by callie on August 07, 2001 at 10:42:36:

In Reply to: Re: More misinformation posted by chelsea on August 07, 2001 at 10:02:28:

Actually there used to be a person here--Anna--who apparently was a lawyer and who was ALWAYS right. You could take her answers to the bank. Where are you Anna?
I think that in this case there probably really is only one answer, given that the DHCR (as per my earlier posts) is sticking to its guns on this, apparently, and the courts have varied. Since the courts have gone off in different directions, as per a housing court decision in the Bronx, you are best to go with the DHCR.
The answer is that you give your landlord a chance to change his mind, and if he doesn't you go to the DHCR. No, you may not win but I think on a basic issue like this you are going to get fairly uniform rulings, at least on appeal.
I still havent heard from my landlord on this.

: Congrats on using what you learned here to face down your landlord -- that's a real accomplishment. But you have a lot more to learn about landlord-tenant matters if you think that every tenant will get the same result in the same situation, or that there is ever only one answer or that DHCR can be counted on to protect tenants. Keep reading, and take EVERYTHING with a grain of salt.

: Chelsea

Follow Ups:

Note: Posting is disabled in all archives
Post a Followup

Name    : 
E-Mail  : 
Subject : 
Comments: Optional Link URL: Link Title: Optional Image URL:

TenantNet Home | TenantNet Forum | New York Tenant Information | Contact Us
DHCR Information | DHCR Decisions | Housing Court Decisions | New York Rent Laws |

Subscribe to our Mailing List!
Your Email      Full Name