Google Search

TenantNet Forum Archives 1996-2002
Posting and Replies are disabled in all Archives
TenantNet Forum | TenantNet Forum Archives Index

Re: Harrassed by neighbors/sqeaky floors

Posted by Chris G on August 06, 2001 at 15:30:52:

In Reply to: Harrassed by neighbors/sqeaky floors posted by Tanya on August 06, 2001 at 14:34:49:

have you spoken to the Landlord about this? i dunno what it would take to fix the floor but there's certainly no need for yr neighbors to come up and yell at you all the time. what, are they new to the city? :) these quaint hardwood floors we all insist on having can be pretty old and make noise. i can't imagine they think you're deliberately squeaking around up there. in fact, it sounds like you're being mre careful than most people i know. see if the landlord can explain it to those guys, since they seem a little thick.

if they keep bothering you, then it becomes a matter for the law. i'd make sure those guys know that you're doing what you can to keep quiet and you will not tolerate their intimidation.

it sounds so ridiculous, i'm trying to picture going upstairs to complain to my upstiars neighbor about him walking on his *own* floor. my people have a word for that: chutzpah.

Follow Ups:

Note: Posting is disabled in all archives
Post a Followup

Name    : 
E-Mail  : 
Subject : 
Comments: Optional Link URL: Link Title: Optional Image URL:

TenantNet Home | TenantNet Forum | New York Tenant Information | Contact Us
DHCR Information | DHCR Decisions | Housing Court Decisions | New York Rent Laws |

Subscribe to our Mailing List!
Your Email      Full Name