Google Search

TenantNet Forum Archives 1996-2002
Posting and Replies are disabled in all Archives
TenantNet Forum | TenantNet Forum Archives Index

Security Deposits

Posted by Viki on August 05, 2001 at 20:55:40:

Hi there. I was on subsidized housing is Redmond Oregon. I lived in an apartment for 19 months. I moved in 12/11/99 at that time i signed a move-in agreement form i checked all the rooms not okay. There was rust stains on the carpet, knicks in the walls and cupboards scratched holes in the doors of the bathroom, and both bedrooms. I just moved out this last month and received a statement from my Landlord charging me $900+ for damages. Most of which is carpet $700. and she is keeping my security deposit and requesting $439 on top of that. I have 4 witnesses that can state that the apartment was clean when i left does anyone have any advice on what I should do. I also have my move-out statement. I also asked my landlord that i would be out by the 22nd and if she could do a walk thru with me and she stated that she couldn't so i asked for the day before and still she couldn't. I am in the pursuit of contacting prior tenant who i have a number and am going to find out exactly what they charged her. There was several rust stains on the carpet and paint on the carpets in the rooms. I have 3 reciepts to prove that i kept the carpet clean. But I also have 2 daughters and my oldest spilled finger nail polish on the carpet and i was unable to get that off. and also some bleach stains in front of the entrance..I admit that i should pay for some damages but also keep in mind that the rust stains were there prior to move in and i need tofind out what they charged prior tenant. I am very distraught. I spent several days cleaning this apartment and getting everything out.
if you have any advice please send me a msg.
Thanks

Follow Ups:

Note: Posting is disabled in all archives
Post a Followup

Name    : 
E-Mail  : 
Subject : 
Comments: Optional Link URL: Link Title: Optional Image URL:

TenantNet Home | TenantNet Forum | New York Tenant Information | Contact Us
DHCR Information | DHCR Decisions | Housing Court Decisions | New York Rent Laws |

Subscribe to our Mailing List!
Your Email      Full Name