Google Search

TenantNet Forum Archives 1996-2002
Posting and Replies are disabled in all Archives
TenantNet Forum | TenantNet Forum Archives Index

Re: The Ultimate Sleazeball Landlord

Posted by Renee on August 05, 2001 at 04:55:38:

In Reply to: The Ultimate Sleazeball Landlord posted by Carrie Robinson on August 04, 2001 at 11:18:02:

:Take it to small claims court. First find out if there are any penalties for not following the proper timeline. Some states provide double security deposit returned. Small claims is not as difficult as it might seem at first. Complete a form and pay your $$. The court serves the defendant with the papers and you both appear in court with whatever documentation you have. A move - in checklist might also be required by your state laws. Check for laws governing that as well. Good luck!

Follow Ups:

Note: Posting is disabled in all archives
Post a Followup

Name    : 
E-Mail  : 
Subject : 
Comments: Optional Link URL: Link Title: Optional Image URL:


TenantNet Home | TenantNet Forum | New York Tenant Information | Contact Us
DHCR Information | DHCR Decisions | Housing Court Decisions | New York Rent Laws |

Subscribe to our Mailing List!
Your Email      Full Name