Google Search

TenantNet Forum Archives 1996-2002
Posting and Replies are disabled in all Archives
TenantNet Forum | TenantNet Forum Archives Index

Re: Rent over charge

Posted by chelsea on August 03, 2001 at 18:31:14:

In Reply to: Re: Rent over charge posted by Cranky Tenant on August 03, 2001 at 16:46:59:

You should insist that DHCR send you the complete history back to 1985. You can also ask for a list of cases for your building, which may have additional information.


: If your apartment is stabilized you can get a rent history from DHCR. The only problem is the history only goes back four years and it's based on information provided by the LL.

: I just received my apartment's registration form today and noticed the LL states the rent is 50% more than the real amount and doesn't state the apartment is also under a rent order.

: Cranky

: : How can I find out if my landlord is not overcharging me for rent. The previous renters were under rent stabilized and I have a feeling that he has raised the rent over the max. Is there anyway for me to investigate.

: : Thanks

Follow Ups:

Note: Posting is disabled in all archives
Post a Followup

Name    : 
E-Mail  : 
Subject : 
Comments: Optional Link URL: Link Title: Optional Image URL:


TenantNet Home | TenantNet Forum | New York Tenant Information | Contact Us
DHCR Information | DHCR Decisions | Housing Court Decisions | New York Rent Laws |

Subscribe to our Mailing List!
Your Email      Full Name