Google Search

TenantNet Forum Archives 1996-2002
Posting and Replies are disabled in all Archives
TenantNet Forum | TenantNet Forum Archives Index

Re: Evicted after my name was removed from a lease

Posted by Az tenant on August 02, 2001 at 21:54:36:

In Reply to: Re: Evicted after my name was removed from a lease posted by Renee on August 02, 2001 at 06:49:02:

:See the problem that I am having is that when it first happened I went and got a copy of my file including the paper taking me off the lease. I had 5 days to appeal the eviction but I was not aware of that. I round as far as what needed to happen and it needed to go back to the court. I had 5 days to appeal the eviction. But I was never informed of that. The complex told me they screwed up and couldnt do anything and not to worry. Dummy me I listened. Now 9 months later its on my credit and the debt collector/attorney I honestly have no idea what he is right now is trying to make me pay. I went a credit company and put a statement on it and they arent any help at all. I have gotten in multiple arguments with them because I am trying to have it listed as disputed. I havent gotten any cooperation in this at all. I am just at a loss as to what to do. I cant afford an attorney and I am not poor enough to get help from a volunteer lawyer. I have to do this all on my own. Its getting difficult. :-) But thats life.

Thanks for the advice.

: CBI / Equifax 800-685-1111
: Experian (TRW) 800-682-7654
: Trans Union 800-888-4213

: Did you have this release from the contract in writing? If so, send a copy of it to the credit report companies at the address that they will provide. Type up a letter of explanation of the circumstances and have the apartment complex photo copy it onto their letterhead and sign it. Send this to all parties involved. Good Luck!

Follow Ups:

Note: Posting is disabled in all archives
Post a Followup

Name    : 
E-Mail  : 
Subject : 
Comments: Optional Link URL: Link Title: Optional Image URL:

TenantNet Home | TenantNet Forum | New York Tenant Information | Contact Us
DHCR Information | DHCR Decisions | Housing Court Decisions | New York Rent Laws |

Subscribe to our Mailing List!
Your Email      Full Name