Google Search

TenantNet Forum Archives 1996-2002
Posting and Replies are disabled in all Archives
TenantNet Forum | TenantNet Forum Archives Index

Avoiding or only apologizing if LL notices is not professional

Posted by Ace on August 02, 2001 at 11:08:16:

In Reply to: Re: Behind on my rent - what happens now? posted by link on August 01, 2001 at 23:23:32:

While I understand biding time, the fact is the tenant has done this before (please read original post) and the LL may not be so understanding if tenant avoids LL. Would this strategy be ok if it were the other way around? No.

If the tenant had come forward sooner with the truth, or even put up half the monies now, or offer to pay a little more in the rent for the inconvenience tenant is causing LL, then it would have been easier to negotiate with the LL, there would have been more reasonableness and less anxiety.

: : I live in NY in a rent stablized apt. My rent is due today, but I won't have it until the 10th. I got very far behind a few months ago, and got a letter demanding payment within three days, which I paid. Will I be OK until the 10th or due I risk eviction?

: I wouldn't tell the landlord: just pay it immediately, as soon as you can. Apoligize later, if he notices. AND DON'T PAY LATE AGAIN! You are risking eviction: he can send that 3-day demand on the 2nd if your rent is not paid on the 1st. If he sends enough of them, he can evict you for chronic late payment.

Follow Ups:

Note: Posting is disabled in all archives
Post a Followup

Name    : 
E-Mail  : 
Subject : 
Comments: Optional Link URL: Link Title: Optional Image URL:

TenantNet Home | TenantNet Forum | New York Tenant Information | Contact Us
DHCR Information | DHCR Decisions | Housing Court Decisions | New York Rent Laws |

Subscribe to our Mailing List!
Your Email      Full Name