Google Search

TenantNet Forum Archives 1996-2002
Posting and Replies are disabled in all Archives
TenantNet Forum | TenantNet Forum Archives Index

You asked, so here's my input.

Posted by - on August 01, 2001 at 21:30:08:

In Reply to: pls input: rent controll and primary residence posted by Nancy on August 01, 2001 at 15:40:34:

Why do you keep a pad in New York if you live and own a business in Massachusetts ? You're just holding onto an apartment you don't need becuase the rent is artificially cheap to you. Its clowns like you (along with the politicians who advocate this) who have caused the housing crises this city has.

This is a tenant board, so I advise you to do what will benefit tenants: Immediately vacate your apartment and inform the landlord you will no longer live there. Landlord will fix the place up and rent it for big $$$, hopefully reinvesting some of his profits in other developments elsewhere. But more importantly, a tenant will have housing who otherwise wouldn't.

What's that ? You don't want to give up your sweet deal ? Fine, hold onto it even though you don't need it. Eventually you will pass away ... and some future landlord will do just what I've said.

Follow Ups:

Note: Posting is disabled in all archives
Post a Followup

Name    : 
E-Mail  : 
Subject : 
Comments: Optional Link URL: Link Title: Optional Image URL:

TenantNet Home | TenantNet Forum | New York Tenant Information | Contact Us
DHCR Information | DHCR Decisions | Housing Court Decisions | New York Rent Laws |

Subscribe to our Mailing List!
Your Email      Full Name