Google Search

TenantNet Forum Archives 1996-2002
Posting and Replies are disabled in all Archives
TenantNet Forum | TenantNet Forum Archives Index

Re: Mortgage records

Posted by link on August 01, 2001 at 23:43:06:

In Reply to: Lead Based Paint posted by Dayann on August 01, 2001 at 16:23:26:

: I'm assuming the new lead based paint initiative does not apply to private 2 family houses unless the owner/landlord is applying for or receiving mortgage insurance.

: My husband and I tested our apartment in March (my daughter was one month old) and the results came back positive for lead dust in my daughter's room. We contacted HPD about it and they said the lead paint regulations don't apply to private 2 family homes. I have to wait until my kid gets sick, get a blood test showing what the lead content of her blood is, and if she is poisoned, then the City can intervene. That sucks. I dont' understand why private landlords are exempt from health codes, if you bring another person/family into your space, you should be subject to health codes, especially ones involving the safety and health of children.

: I may be able to get some intervention if my landlord is applying for or receiving mortgage insurance from the govt. Or at least that is my understanding of the info. in the post I'm replying to.

: My question: How can I find out if the landlord is applying for/receiving mortgage insurance? Is this a matter of public record? If so, where do I go to look up the inforlmation, and if it turns out that the landlord is receiving mortgage insurance and therefore is covered by this new lead paint initiative, where do I go with my lead paint test results?

: I'm about to leave where I live anyhow, but it is information that worried moms like to know.

: Thanks,,,,,

mortgages (and deeds and UCC-1's for co-ops) are recorded in the Hall of Records in you county: are you Queens or Kings?

Brooklyn (Kings County)
Kings County Municipal Building
210 Joralemon Street, Room 2
Brooklyn, NY 11201
(718) 802-3590

the mortgage should have some reference to insurance in it, since mortgage lenders require it.

Follow Ups:

Note: Posting is disabled in all archives
Post a Followup

Name    : 
E-Mail  : 
Subject : 
Comments: Optional Link URL: Link Title: Optional Image URL:

TenantNet Home | TenantNet Forum | New York Tenant Information | Contact Us
DHCR Information | DHCR Decisions | Housing Court Decisions | New York Rent Laws |

Subscribe to our Mailing List!
Your Email      Full Name