Google Search

TenantNet Forum Archives 1996-2002
Posting and Replies are disabled in all Archives
TenantNet Forum | TenantNet Forum Archives Index

Renew lease

Posted by Melysa on July 25, 2001 at 01:46:42:

I live in Florida in a duplex and I have a written one year lease which ends this Aug 31st. I asked my landlord what I do about signing another lease and she told me that the owner isnt renewing my lease. Can they do this? She wouldnt even give me a reason. I am a good tenent but they dont like me because when I moved in I called them because the carpet was nasty it smelled like urine and black spots came up within a week of me moving in. The day I saw the place the carpet guy was cleaning the carpet so I couldnt tell that the carpet was like this and they refused to replace it. But other then that I pay my rent on time, keep the place nice they cant say anything bad about me. I thought if you rented a place and when your lease was up you can sign another one thats how apartments are. Are duplexes different? Can anybody tell me or help me. I was planning on staying here so of course I didnt save any money to move. Can they just tell me to get out like this?

Follow Ups:

Note: Posting is disabled in all archives
Post a Followup

Name    : 
E-Mail  : 
Subject : 
Comments: Optional Link URL: Link Title: Optional Image URL:

TenantNet Home | TenantNet Forum | New York Tenant Information | Contact Us
DHCR Information | DHCR Decisions | Housing Court Decisions | New York Rent Laws |

Subscribe to our Mailing List!
Your Email      Full Name