Google Search

TenantNet Forum Archives 1996-2002
Posting and Replies are disabled in all Archives
TenantNet Forum | TenantNet Forum Archives Index

Re: NYC Admin Code 27-2076(c): old code, landlord is wrong

Posted by link on July 24, 2001 at 09:15:11:

In Reply to: NYC Admin Code 27-2076(c) posted by Keith on July 23, 2001 at 16:51:34:

: I recently received my lease renewal with an attached rider demanding that according to NYC Admin. Code Section 27-2076(c)I fill out the name{s} of any additional adults living in the apartment, plus their soc. sec., number and that this statment must be notarized. I've lived in NYC stabilized bldgs. for over 20 years and this is a new one on me. Is this legal? Do I have to provide this information? I share my aprtment with my partner but what business is htat of theirs?

Old section of RSC: landlord has always had right to ask for VERY LIMITED info about who's living there: no SS#'s!!!. Read that section right here on tenant.net before answering. The whole RSC is here, click from homepage.

See also the DHCR-produced info on that subject: probably on renewal leae factsheet. On tenant.net in DHCR section and on dhcr.state.ny.us, click on rent admin.

Follow Ups:

Note: Posting is disabled in all archives
Post a Followup

Name    : 
E-Mail  : 
Subject : 
Comments: Optional Link URL: Link Title: Optional Image URL:

TenantNet Home | TenantNet Forum | New York Tenant Information | Contact Us
DHCR Information | DHCR Decisions | Housing Court Decisions | New York Rent Laws |

Subscribe to our Mailing List!
Your Email      Full Name