Google Search

TenantNet Forum Archives 1996-2002
Posting and Replies are disabled in all Archives
TenantNet Forum | TenantNet Forum Archives Index

NEED DETAILS like: Where are you?

Posted by Ace on July 23, 2001 at 14:58:28:

In Reply to: lease is up owner refuses to except rent posted by stephen fulton on July 22, 2001 at 08:59:06:

Are you rent stabilized or rent controlled?

: I have been having lots of trouble with my home because it is falling apart. both bathrooms the floors are falling in although there is no holes yet. and they fixed my hotwater heater a few weeks ago because the old one had been leaking for months and running up my elec, bill duble but the one they put in will not work. it keeps burning up fuses and we never have hot water over a day or so. when i ask them to fix it they decieded they would not let me pay rent and gave me notice to leave by the first of aug. also my frig went out during this time and i could not get them to do anything for three days till i told them i have a2 year old and i was going to contact the HRS. i dont know what to do but i am looking for something to rent at this time. can they kick me out without going to court? or keep my things? leave me and my children out in the heat? with no where to go? i really want to leave because this place is falling apart but i dont like being intimated by someone who should keep this place in better shape.

Follow Ups:

Note: Posting is disabled in all archives
Post a Followup

Name    : 
E-Mail  : 
Subject : 
Comments: Optional Link URL: Link Title: Optional Image URL:

TenantNet Home | TenantNet Forum | New York Tenant Information | Contact Us
DHCR Information | DHCR Decisions | Housing Court Decisions | New York Rent Laws |

Subscribe to our Mailing List!
Your Email      Full Name