Google Search

TenantNet Forum Archives 1996-2002
Posting and Replies are disabled in all Archives
TenantNet Forum | TenantNet Forum Archives Index

Re: Is videotape of damages to an apartment admissible in Housing Court?

Posted by Ace on July 23, 2001 at 11:17:32:

In Reply to: Is videotape of damages to an apartment admissible in Housing Court? posted by Rick on July 23, 2001 at 03:45:07:

I think a videotape, with date and time stamped on it, is very good and important evidence and proof for a court case -- I don't believe it would be inadmissible as far as proving a case in court where the LL is withholding security because LL claims to have not viewed the apartment (especially if the LL is on tape walking/talking with tenant) or the tenant is questioning the amount taken from the security that LL claims was used to fix the apartment claiming beyond the normal wear and tear of apt.

There are too many cases in court where one person just takes the word of another and then when it's time for security to be given back, it isn't or there's some question that was never brought up before. The video in court resolves that answer.

: If so, under what circumstances? I have a lot of damage to my apt. and I did a "video tour" of the place to show what happened, and how appliances are now inoperable, and I was told by a friend the video might be inadmissible, not sure that's true.

Follow Ups:

Note: Posting is disabled in all archives
Post a Followup

Name    : 
E-Mail  : 
Subject : 
Comments: Optional Link URL: Link Title: Optional Image URL:

TenantNet Home | TenantNet Forum | New York Tenant Information | Contact Us
DHCR Information | DHCR Decisions | Housing Court Decisions | New York Rent Laws |

Subscribe to our Mailing List!
Your Email      Full Name