Google Search

TenantNet Forum Archives 1996-2002
Posting and Replies are disabled in all Archives
TenantNet Forum | TenantNet Forum Archives Index

Re: services by Super

Posted by Dayann on July 23, 2001 at 02:59:32:

In Reply to: Re: services by Super posted by SamE on July 20, 2001 at 21:42:04:

Warranty of Habitability. LL and his or her agents are responsible for keeping the place clean neat and in good order. I would think that would include painting the hallways and other public areas. If its just a little bit of chipped paint or you don't like the color of the walls, then it's frivolous and you should leave it alone. But if the walls haven't been painted in ages, there's graffiti, there's damage to the wall, or the condition is really that horrible, then you should ask about it, but I would first do what Sam says and be sure the super is the guy responsible before you start complaining. I think that most LL's are expected to paint public areas every 3 or 4 years or so. Don't remember where I read that, but I know I read it somewhere regarding multiple dwellings. City owned and regulated multiple dwellings get painted every 3 years without anyone asking and sprayed for bugs every 1 to 2 years. I assume the City does this in compliance with its own housing codes?

Good luck edie.

Follow Ups:

Note: Posting is disabled in all archives
Post a Followup

Name    : 
E-Mail  : 
Subject : 
Comments: Optional Link URL: Link Title: Optional Image URL:

TenantNet Home | TenantNet Forum | New York Tenant Information | Contact Us
DHCR Information | DHCR Decisions | Housing Court Decisions | New York Rent Laws |

Subscribe to our Mailing List!
Your Email      Full Name