Google Search

TenantNet Forum Archives 1996-2002
Posting and Replies are disabled in all Archives
TenantNet Forum | TenantNet Forum Archives Index

Charge for AC Bracket

Posted by Edie on July 20, 2001 at 10:16:26:

A landlord representative came to my door the other day. The landlord has recently installed new winodws throughout the entire building. Upon completion we received notices saying that any airconditioners that would extend past the building line would need approval from the landlord and there would be a $5 monthly charge for each ac. I installed an ac and was paid this visit. According to him, they have a contractor that will install some required bracket. We would have to pay the contractor directly for the bracket. The cost is $92. Can they request that of me. I had an ac with the old windows. I didn't need to pay the $5 before.

I've read about the $5 before, so I think that may be legit. But, I wasn't expecting to pay for the installation of the bracket. It seems like a lot to expect out of nowhere. That was not indicated on the notice left for us. Anyone ever heard of this? Please let me know your thoughts.

Thanks
e

Follow Ups:

Note: Posting is disabled in all archives
Post a Followup

Name    : 
E-Mail  : 
Subject : 
Comments: Optional Link URL: Link Title: Optional Image URL:

TenantNet Home | TenantNet Forum | New York Tenant Information | Contact Us
DHCR Information | DHCR Decisions | Housing Court Decisions | New York Rent Laws |

Subscribe to our Mailing List!
Your Email      Full Name