Google Search

TenantNet Forum Archives 1996-2002
Posting and Replies are disabled in all Archives
TenantNet Forum | TenantNet Forum Archives Index

Different name than the landlord on the lease

Posted by Hanna Forbyn on July 20, 2001 at 09:48:48:

I moved into an apartment in Brooklyn three months that is not rent stabilized and has four units. I signed the lease before moving in. The broker was supposed to have the landlord sign the lease and deliver it to me after I moved in. The broker sent me the lease but it had not been signed by the landlord. Upon closer examination of the lease I noticed that the lessor's name was different than my landlord's name. Also, the only contact information I have for my landlord is a p.o. box. This in and of itself is fine but coupled with the fact that there is a different name on the lease makes me nervous. If I have my landlord sign this lease will it be legally binding since he is not named the lessor on the lease? Should I ask for a new lease with my landlord named the lessor on it? Does this put my security deposit in jeopardy since the check was written to my landlord and not the lessor named on the lease I signed? Thanks for any advice.

Follow Ups:

Note: Posting is disabled in all archives
Post a Followup

Name    : 
E-Mail  : 
Subject : 
Comments: Optional Link URL: Link Title: Optional Image URL:

TenantNet Home | TenantNet Forum | New York Tenant Information | Contact Us
DHCR Information | DHCR Decisions | Housing Court Decisions | New York Rent Laws |

Subscribe to our Mailing List!
Your Email      Full Name