Google Search

TenantNet Forum Archives 1996-2002
Posting and Replies are disabled in all Archives
TenantNet Forum | TenantNet Forum Archives Index

Re: Rent Abatements

Posted by Dayann on July 15, 2001 at 23:24:57:

In Reply to: Re: Rent Abatements posted by Provost on July 15, 2001 at 20:47:39:

Provost.

We will not make any permanent renovations to anyone elses' house to avoid a lawsuit or criminal charges.

The LL in a multiple dwelling has to issue a form asking if window guards are needed in Dec/Jan. Our landlord violated that law, our daughter was born in Feb. We told him she was expected, and we asked for the guards orally in Jan.

The law also says that a tenant may ask for window guards at any time, we don't have to wait for a form. All the tenant has to do is issue a letter to the LL requesting them. That revision to the code is listed on the Dept. of Health website and it was incorporated into the window guard regulations in 1989.

Because window guards are now considered a severe health and safety emergency, the LL has to put them in as soon as he is aware there is a child under 10 on the Premises, the tenant does not have to ask.

The City reviewed our complaint, found the owner in violation, and is correcting the violation. Please stop trying to con me into doing something that is against the law and dangerous to my family.

The window guard issue is no longer in question, I am asking about a completely different matter. Please stop brinign it up, thank you.

NOW, if anyone has any information on what is usually considered to be a "constructive eviction," please let me know.

Follow Ups:

Note: Posting is disabled in all archives
Post a Followup

Name    : 
E-Mail  : 
Subject : 
Comments: Optional Link URL: Link Title: Optional Image URL:

TenantNet Home | TenantNet Forum | New York Tenant Information | Contact Us
DHCR Information | DHCR Decisions | Housing Court Decisions | New York Rent Laws |

Subscribe to our Mailing List!
Your Email      Full Name