Google Search

TenantNet Forum Archives 1996-2002
Posting and Replies are disabled in all Archives
TenantNet Forum | TenantNet Forum Archives Index

Re: Refund Rights

Posted by Lilly on July 06, 2001 at 17:00:21:

In Reply to: Refund Rights posted by JBMB on July 05, 2001 at 16:19:09:

Their job is to see that you receive your security deposit back-sending it to the apt you just moved out of isn't the dumbest thing I've ever heard of, but it's pretty dumb since you say you gave them your new address. Write nice polite letter to the highest person in authority there that you can get the name of, stating that you informed_____(whats-her-name) in writing(even if you didn't put it in writing) of your new address on ___(dates), you have yet to receive the deposit, you have recently been advised by ______(whomever in their office) that they sent the deposit back to the apt you just moved out of and to please forward your security deposit to your new address. No threats. Just send a letter to the boss' boss. If they still persist on the $30 thing, have them deduct it and just get your deposit back.

Follow Ups:

Note: Posting is disabled in all archives
Post a Followup

Name    : 
E-Mail  : 
Subject : 
Comments: Optional Link URL: Link Title: Optional Image URL:


TenantNet Home | TenantNet Forum | New York Tenant Information | Contact Us
DHCR Information | DHCR Decisions | Housing Court Decisions | New York Rent Laws |

Subscribe to our Mailing List!
Your Email      Full Name