Google Search

TenantNet Forum Archives 1996-2002
Posting and Replies are disabled in all Archives
TenantNet Forum | TenantNet Forum Archives Index

New Landlord says Pay non refund. deposit on old dog, Fair?

Posted by Erin on June 25, 2001 at 11:59:52:

On June 1st, a new landlord purchased the house I have lived in since 12-28-00, the old landlord gave a 1.5 day notice to the sale of the house, which I don't think is too legal in itself. We are signed to a month to month lease. The new landlord increased the rent another $50 and is requiring a $200 non-refundable deposit on a dog that has been kept in a pen outside (sometimes comes in the house while I'm home), can he impose that $200 fee? If we don't pay it, we can't keep the dog. These changes are to be imposed with the July 1st rent. Also he says I HAVE to mow the lawn (1.4 acres) with a broken-down push mower or he will charge me if he has to do it or pay to have it done. In the lease it states that the landlord is responsible for all maintenance, doesn't that include the lawn? The house is a duplex with the other unit unoccupied. That side needs a lot of cosmetic improvements, as does my side, when the landlord does any work on the house, he brings his wife and three young (loud) children and it's not until after 10pm, and sometimes stays until 2:30 am. My husband and I wake at 6am, making impossible to get good sleep. I need to know what my right are and what are his responsibilities. I live in Gobles, Michigan

Follow Ups:

Note: Posting is disabled in all archives
Post a Followup

Name    : 
E-Mail  : 
Subject : 
Comments: Optional Link URL: Link Title: Optional Image URL:

TenantNet Home | TenantNet Forum | New York Tenant Information | Contact Us
DHCR Information | DHCR Decisions | Housing Court Decisions | New York Rent Laws |

Subscribe to our Mailing List!
Your Email      Full Name