Google Search

TenantNet Forum Archives 1996-2002
Posting and Replies are disabled in all Archives
TenantNet Forum | TenantNet Forum Archives Index

LL must provide access to one outlet in apartment.

Posted by Phone tech on June 13, 2001 at 14:55:42:

In Reply to: Telephone Access posted by Sara on June 05, 2001 at 12:40:25:

1)The landlord must provide you with one telephone jack for telephone service, if the landlord has renovated the apartment and has rewired the phoneline, then any additional lines or extensions to other rooms are at your cost.

2)If the landlord didn't provide you with an outlet then you can have Verizon fix the outlet (for free, check your phone bill) from your apartment to the basement... and any addition extension going to other parts of the apartment will be billed to you.

Verizon is charging you basic wire maintance, use it. The landlord may not want additional outlets running around the apartment, so check with him/her.

: My building was renovated right before my roommates moved in, and in the process of the renovation, all the phone jacks in my 3 bed, 2 bath apartment were "lost." The phone company has quoted a price of $250 to find the jacks, and I feel that the landlord should cover this cost since it is an investment in the apartment.

: My roommate approached the landlord about this when they first moved into the apartment and he declined to pay for the service. Now that I am being added to the lease, I would like to revisit the issue, but I want to get an idea of whether there are any laws that would support him paying to get the jacks installed. (I need Internet access and can't afford to shell out $250 in addition to the service establishment charges!!)

: Does anyone know anything about this? Or can you suggest a resource that might be of use? Thanks so much for your input.

Follow Ups:

Note: Posting is disabled in all archives
Post a Followup

Name    : 
E-Mail  : 
Subject : 
Comments: Optional Link URL: Link Title: Optional Image URL:

TenantNet Home | TenantNet Forum | New York Tenant Information | Contact Us
DHCR Information | DHCR Decisions | Housing Court Decisions | New York Rent Laws |

Subscribe to our Mailing List!
Your Email      Full Name