Google Search

TenantNet Forum Archives 1996-2002
Posting and Replies are disabled in all Archives
TenantNet Forum | TenantNet Forum Archives Index

Re: when should I receive my renewal lease?...msg

Posted by Lurker-Owner on June 12, 2001 at 09:21:51:

In Reply to: Re: when should I receive my renewal lease?...msg posted by chelsea on June 11, 2001 at 19:46:45:

: Well, July 1 is just for this particular tenant, since she said her lease expired on Sept. 30. I don't think there's any particular conspiracy.

I wasn't clear with my point. Prior to the recent RSC changes (which have been criticized as "anti-tenant"), Owners were legally obliged to send out renewal leases before the Rent Guidelines Board was legally obligated to set the guidelines for the following October first. Owners would send out renewals without knowing what the rents would be (checking the appropriate box on the RTP-8).

The reason the lead time on renewal offers was reduced in the new code to 90 days was to avoid this problem (which I think is sensible, not "anti-tenant"). Accordingly, tenants should know that if their renewal seems late, it may be because the lead time on the offer has been shortened.

My office will be sending out October and November renewal leases shortly after the final June 20 RGB vote.

Follow Ups:

Note: Posting is disabled in all archives
Post a Followup

Name    : 
E-Mail  : 
Subject : 
Comments: Optional Link URL: Link Title: Optional Image URL:

TenantNet Home | TenantNet Forum | New York Tenant Information | Contact Us
DHCR Information | DHCR Decisions | Housing Court Decisions | New York Rent Laws |

Subscribe to our Mailing List!
Your Email      Full Name